With SBI towards the Future
The trend of individual mobility takes its toll: high CO2 emissions, fine dust pollution.
To ensure the sustainability of mobility, the development and maturation of new technologies is required. Electromobility is generally considered one of the key technologies for the implementation of sustainable mobility.
SBI promotes the way to a Sustainable Society
Also in the field of new drive technologies, we are your ideal partner. With the experience of more than 30 years of overall planning, planning of test facilities and the development of appropriate security concepts, we share with you the challenges of the future.
- Vehicle type and size
(Passenger cars, commercial vehicles, off-highway vehicles and special machines, two wheelers, racing, ...)
- Phase of the life cycle
(Research, development, production, certification, COP, ...)
- Function of the test bench
(Function development, climatic and altitude testing, emission testing, endurance testing, component testing, ...)
- Complete vehicle test benches for PHEV, BEV, FCEV, xEV
- Test benches for electrical powertrains
- Test benches for environmental simulation (climatic and altitude chambers - the effect of cold and heat on the electrical powertrain)
- EMC and antenna test benches (anechoic halls, chambers, laboratories)
- Battery test benches (from single cells to vehicle battery packs)
Charge and energy measurements
Life cycle tests
Driving profiles for performance and endurance tests
- Fuel cell test benches and laboratories
- Energy and thermal management
- Test benches for charging stations, inductive charging etc.
- Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) test benches
In addition to the planning of testing technology, we are also your contact for special tasks in the areas of construction/building design, building services engineering, safety engineering and approval planning for projects as:
- Upgrade/modernization of test benches for the use of hydrogen (also the special case: Passive Vehicle Safety for PHEV, BEV, FCEV, xEV)
- Missuse/abuse tests of batteries
- Production, storage and distribution of hydrogen (Infrastructure on site and in the building)
Lead by Example
Sustainability is also a top priority at our location in Lampertheim. The 2017 extended photovoltaic system has a capacity of approx. 100-Kilowatt peak and is supplemented by an energy storage with a capacity of 40 kWh. In this way, we are able to achieve a positive energy balance.
Sustainable energy management - an aspect that SBI always focuses on.